Noted master builder, A.H. Hilton, originally built the “Spanish-eclectic” bungalows in 1926 in the heart of Little Italy as workforce housing. The bungalows were designed in a “detached narrow court” fashion. The individual cottages are arranged in a U-plan that includes a long, narrow garden-like walkway. Architect Jonathan Segal has restored the bungalows to their original allure. The 5,000 square foot property has six stand-alone units and one duplex unit for a total of eight rental units. Each of the eight bungalows have their own private outdoor garden space. The property is zoned for high-rise with and F.A.R. of 8. The previous owner let the buildings fall into disrepair and homeless destroyed the units over the past 3 years. Jonathan Segal decided that the eight, 264 square-foot, bungalows should be saved and restored to their former glory. San Diego is in dire need for affordable housing and a greater respect for its architectural history. This project does both.