Your nomination must be received by 11:59pm on July 31st, 2016 to be considered for the 2016 Orchids & Onions program.
Nominating O’s & O’s: what you need to know.
- You may nominate as many projects as you wish.
- Orchids & Onions does not accept nominations for unbuilt projects.
- Collect as much information as possible about the project you are nominating. We need the facts before your submission can be published.
- Nominations cannot be posted without accompanying photos, so take your camera for a walk and capture a few photos that illustrate the reason(s) for your nomination.
- Please be patient, once your nomination is submitted, we will fact-check before posting.
- Please keep your nominations and your comments respectful; mind yourself!
- We are looking for honest critiques about why nominations should be considered for O&O awards. An off-hand one liner about why you think a project is ugly or beautiful simply won’t cut it. Please provide valid arguments for your nominations. We will follow up with nominators if we think more information is required for a nomination.
You may submit projects in the following categories:
- Historic Preservation
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Miscellaneous (including public art, architectural lighting, architectural graphics and anything else that doesn’t fall directly into one of the above-listed categories)
Submission of digital photos with the nomination is highly encouraged. Please do not submit copyrighted materials.
To be eligible, a project:
- Must be located in San Diego County
- Must not be a single-family residence. Multi-family projects (4+ units minimum) are accepted.
- Must be completed, and been so within the last 3 years
- May be a rehabilitated building or structure
After submission, nominations with photos will be reviewed by the committee (please allow 24-48 hours) for accuracy and will be posted on the website for all site visitors to view and comment on. The nominator remains anonymous. Check back in regularly to see what projects are most talked about! The most buzzed about projects will feature highly in the People’s Choice voting period in September. So comment on and share your favorite nominations!